G

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Paddy Shack in Nakusp BC

NelsonRestaurants.com

Ok, so I'm about 150km from Nelson, but sometimes I do work up in the Nakusp area.  For more on Nakusp, you can check out http://www.nakusp.org/

Last week I stopped into the Paddy Shack, which is about 1km south of Nakusp, heading towards New Denver.  The Paddy Shack is an outdoor food concession that is only open part of the year (the warmer part).  The staff is fun and they have more than just burgers and hot dogs.

I was going to order a strawberry Sundae, but when I got to the window they asked if I wanted a donair for $4.00.  Normally they are about $8.50, though I'd never had one before.  Seems like they had a cancelled order or double order, so they needed to get rid of it.  I thought it was a great deal, so I took it instead of the Sundae.  Just as I was leaving, the lady called me back and gave me a handful of napkins.  You'll need these, she said.

Driving back to Nelson, I started in on the donair and it was a real treat, the best I've ever had.  When I got to the bottom, the excess sauce spilled out and sure enough those napkins came in handy.  Yesterday I was coming back from Nakusp again, and stopped in to buy another donair at full price.  Well worth it.  If you're going by and want to stop in, they have both chicken donairs and lamb&beef donairs.  Other items on the menu are speciality burgers, hot dogs, fries, poutine (which I've heard is great), and ice cream.

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment